Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New to Blogging


This is my first blog post, and honestly, I'm not quite sure what I am doing. I mean, I have already adopted my children, and do not plan to adopt again. Adoption blogs are so fun to read and follow when someone is on the journey to their child, and so heartwarming and exciting when they meet their child for the first time. I have been there twice myself, and professionally as an adoption social worker, I am privileged to help others on their journeys.


I have told my husband and a few friends that I plan to blog, and each have said to me, "What do you have to blog about?" First of all, thanks guys. I have a concept in mind. You see, I have had a passion for adoption since I was twelve, when I watch a network movie about a family adopting a child from Korea. It was the first time I saw the adoption story unfold, and I knew with a knowledge that can only be explained as God given, that adoption would be the purpose of my life. At twelve I knew that my children would come to me through adoption and that they would be Asian. At twelve I knew that I would not be able to conceive children, and I had a total peace. At twelve my passion for orphans began.


When I was a child I had alot of health issues and felt isolated much of the time. I talked to God alot. I remember summer days spent laying in the grass looking up at the clouds talking and listening to the Holy Spirit. He placed peace in my heart and there were things that I just trusted because I knew they came from Him. I knew He was real, and it is by His grace that I am who I am today.


So, that is what this blog is about. My passion for orphans and adoption. My passion for my children and family moments. My heart for Jesus and what I believe is on His heart in this world we live in today. I feel that many times adoption is looked at as a way to have children when one is infertile. But it is so much more than that. It is part of God's plan for the fatherless, the lonely, the innocent. It is part of God's plan for us. It's an amazing life and an amazing journey, and I am so blessed and thankful that it's part of every facet of mine.

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful blog!!I hope you keep it up and print out every entry..then you could make the kids keepsake book( priceless!!)

    ReplyDelete